Trowse, Norfolk (1805)
Built by Colman family during the 1800s for workers at Colman's mustard factory.
Blaise Hamlet, Gloucestershire (1811)
built for retired employees of Quaker banker and philanthropist John Scandrett Harford
Selworthy, Somerset (1828)Rebuilt as a model village, to provide housing for the aged and infirm of the Holnicote estate, in 1828 by Sir Thomas Acland
Barrow Bridge, Bolton (1830s)
Thomas Bazley and Robert Gardner built a model village for mill workers
Snelston, Derbyshire (1840s)
Built by the Stanton family for estate workers
Swindon Railway Village, Wiltshire (1840s)
Built by the Great Western Railway for its staff
Withnell Fold, Lancashire (1844)
Built by Thomas Blinkhorn Parke a cotton mill owner for his staff
Meltham, Yorkshire (1850)
Built by local landowners for workers
Bromborough Pool ("Price's Village") (1853)
Bromborough Pool was developed for the workers at the factory of Price's Patent Candle Company.
Saltaire, Yorkshire (1853)
Built by Sir Titus Salt for workers in the woollen industry
Akroydon, Yorkshire (1859)
Built by Colonel Edward Akroyd for his mill workers
Nenthead, Cumberland (1861)
Built by Quaker owned London Lead Cmpany for lead mine workers
New Sharlston Colliery Village, Yorkshire (1864)
150 buildings to house Sharlston Colliery Company workers
Ripley Ville, Yorkshire (1866)
Sir Henry William Ripley built this for local workforce - residency was not limited to his employees
Copley, Yorkshire (1874)
Built by Colonel Edward Akroyd for local mill workers
Howe Bridge, Lancashire (1873–79)
Built by the owners of Atherton Collieries for pit workers
Bournville, Worcestershire (1879)
Built by the Cadbury Family for their workers
Port Sunlight, Cheshire (1888)
Built by Lever Brothers for local workforce
Creswell Model Village, Derbyshire (1895)
Built by the Bolsover Colliery Company for the workers of Creswell Colliery
New Bolsover model village, Derbyshire (1896)
Built by the Bolsover Mining Company for workers at Bolsover Colliery.
Vickerstown, Lancashire (1901)
Built by Vickers for workers at Barrow’s shipyard
New Earswick, Yorkshire (1904)
Built by Joseph Rowntree for workers
Woodlands, Yorkshire (1905)
Built by the architect Percy Houfton as tied cottages for the miners of the neighbouring Brodsworth Colliery
Whiteley Village, Surrey (1907)
Built by Whiteley Homes Trust, a charity providing almshouses for older people of limited financial means.
The Garden Village, Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire (1908)mainly funded by Sir James Reckitt, and with two-thirds of the housing reserved for his workers
Silver End, Essex (1926)
Francis Henry Crittall to house his Crittall Windows Ltd factory workers.
Stewartby, Bedfordshire (1926)
Built by the London brick company for their workers
Poundbury, Dorset (construction started 1993; ongoing) Built by the Duchy of Cornwall for local people.
Milford, County Armagh, Northern Ireland (1800s)
Built by Robert Garmany McCrum for workers in the local flax mills
Portlaw, County Waterford, Republic of Ireland (1825)
Built by the Malcomson's - a Quaker family, for their cotton mill workers
Sion Mills, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland (1835)
Built by the Herdman family for the mill workers in the village.
Bessbrook, County Armagh, Northern Ireland (1845)
Built by John Grubb Richardson a 'model village', for their linen mill workers
Laurelvale, County Armagh, Northern Ireland (1850s
Founded by Thomas Sinton JP to house the workers in his linen mill
Model Village, County Cork (1910s; usually called Tower, Built by O'Mahony builders for local people
New Lanark, Lanarkshire (1786)
Founded by David Dale and established by the social reformer Robert Owen providing homes for cotton mill workers.
Tremadog, Caernarfonshire (1798)
It was a planned settlement, founded by William Madocks, who bought the land in 1798.
Elan Village, Powys (1892)
Built by Birmingham Corporation to house workers and their families responsible for maintaining the dams in the Elan Valley
Portmeirion, Merioneth (1925)
Designed and built by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis in the style of an Italian village.